Monday, September 8, 2014

D2L Profile Tech Tip

I chose to use my face as my avatar for my D2L profile picture. I found that it is nice to put a face with a name when reading or replying to discussion posts. It feels more like a classroom when there are more students with images in my online classes since this is as close as I will get to meeting them personally. Otherwise, in actual classroom settings, it is nice to have the option of matching faces you see in class to profiles you view in your D2L roster of that class in case you want to approach them with anything (like getting missed notes or asking for advice on certain assignments).
april 2013

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, I just happened to notice this post - and that is such a good point about having your picture there in D2L if you need to connect with classmates. Such a good point! Since we don't really use D2L much in this class, I thought about leaving this Tech Tip out, but I will definitely keep it on the list. I had not even thought about the different ways it could be useful to have your picture in D2L. Thanks for sharing those thoughts! :-)

    ReplyDelete