Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Blogger Templates Tech Tip

I chose to customize the 'picture window' template on my blog. I liked this simplicity of the template along with freedom to customize. I almost uploaded my own picture for my background but I found this great background that stayed consistent the whole page (no tiled images). I also really like the color scheme with this background. I am not usually 'girly' but I couldn't resist how cute this combo was! The custom options for font size and style really made a big impact on how my blog looked as well, so I chose what I thought looked best.
This exercise really reminded me of the hours I would spend on Myspace customizing my profile page. The customizations and templates that are offered on blogger are very similar to those that were offered on Myspace (until they changed everything once everyone moved to Facebook). I used to be an html lover and user to create a page that was different than everyone else's. One thing I disliked about Facebook when I became a user was the blandness and similarity of everyone's account pages. Now I don't find this to be as crazy because it is about networking more than anything. I have never blogged or read blogs consistently unless a post was shared on Facebook that had a catchy title.

No comments:

Post a Comment