Thursday, October 9, 2014

Famous Last Words: Week 8

This has been a more relaxed week in this class since we do not have to really read anything or be very creative, there is a lot of responding and I like these assignments because I don't second guess my abilities as much! The craziest night happened on Wednesday night though that I just HAVE to remember down the road (so I hope this post is revisited by my future self). After a crazy day at work (which is at a daycare so this was kind of normal), I came home with all my homework done for the day and no test to study for the next day so I decided I would plan a double date night with my boyfriend, and our friend couple and go see Annabelle! I have been wanting to see this movie since I saw a preview in theaters. Our friends live in Shawnee so it would be a long drive to Bricktown to see it but they agreed since they had been wanting to see it as well. Waiting for my boyfriend to get off work at 7, I got ready and was rushing to find a sitter and such. Well the moon was full and teasing because it had that glow... you know that glow. I had to get Brady in the car and he had my phone and dropped it so I had to pick it up while holding him and being very pregnant, I got frustrated and put the phone on top of my car..and left it there. Drove off to my next destination and came back to find it after realizing what I had done and lo and behold it is a disgrace. Found part of my otterbox piece by piece down the road leading to my phone. I found it and my heart sank. I had so many pictures and memories on it, I did my homework on it and it was my first iPhone ever.. little emotional about something so menial I know.
personal photo R.I.P. iPhone
Getting to the movies, I found my friend and then my boyfriend went and got drinks. He did not know where we were and we played a game of hide and seek hypothetically and ended up getting frustrated that we wasted half the movie going up and down aisles taking turns looking for one another. So we went to fuzzy's to eat and they give you these cups to go home with you and before I could even fill mine up I was putting it to my forehead thinking "how can this night get any worse?" and then the cup broke. Thanks for answering my thoughts universe. Then I got a new styrofoam cup this time and drank that. Second drink in, I spilled soda all over myself. Woo. Then we left to go sit in front of the movie and wait for our friends so we could apologize for leaving early and making them come all the way out. At the end of the movie nobody came out, so we waited and waited and then we went inside and found out that there are outside exits that most people use. Ugh! So we missed our friends and left to get our son. Brady had a good time at his sitters but came out with a glow stick and halfway down the road I noticed his face was glowing, by his mouth. He had chewed this thing. Of course I panicked and didn't have a phone to check to see if this stuff was toxic or not so we had to go all the way back to the sitters to see the packaging, luckily it was not harmful. :) still a minor heart attack though. While driving, almost got in numerous accidents, almost. Get home and when exiting the car I almost step on a scorpion. Freaked out, I walk away and see a gecko scurry across the wall. Then getting to the door there's a large praying mantis by the handle. What a trio in such a short distance! And I live in the city so it is very weird. Anyways, I blame this night on the full moon and its mocking nature. It got to me but it could have been way worse ! Now to figure out a phone situation..... and survive the rest of the week.





No comments:

Post a Comment