Thursday, December 4, 2014

Very LAST Famous Last Words week 15

So I have not been able to finish this class like I had planned on (finishing more posts and readings and my storybook project). BUT this was due to my son making his way into this world 3 weeks earlier than I had expected! It has been a crazy couple of weeks but I am so thankful for awesome professors to help me finish their classes with passing grades! This class's extra credit work has really paid off and this blog post will set me in the A range point wise. I was meaning to finish my storybook and add the last story which would tie everything together and get a grand conclusion to the character I created but unfortunately it would take hours of creativity and brain power that I just don't have at the moment. Finals week is upon us and with a two year old and a newborn (who does not sleep at night only during the day) it is really crazy even finding time to study. I am really surprised though that my storybook made it to our little nominations for most creative, because of this I feel like I owe it to everyone to add that last story - so I intend on doing so after finals are over if you guys feel like reading!
Here's a picture of my little love bug :)
taken from screenshot on phone
He was born on the 13th and weighed 6lbs 2oz, 19 1/2 inches long! Name: Dekker Britton Rodgers. I went into work that morning with some crazy contractions I thought were Braxton hicks... negative. Went back to work a week and a half later so I guess I am a workaholic but the holidays are here and $$ is scarce.
 
 
I could sit here all day and talk about this little guy but I will stop there. I hope everyone has a great break after finals are over!!!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH, Brittany: what a wonderful famous last words post... I just thought I would check to see if there were any new posts before signing off tonight and there is this beautiful baby right there in the blog posts. Congratulations to you, and I am so glad you and the baby are doing well ... you can catch up on the sleep later; for now, just enjoy every minute with this cute little guy. What a beautiful new year you will have!!!

    And about the Storybook: ANY time you want to add a final episode would be fabulous; your project is a perfect fantasy adventure, one that I would love to share with future students... and of course I am so curious to see what ending you would invent. Of course, no act of creation equals the making of a beautiful little baby... but you sure did work some magic with that Storybook too!

    ReplyDelete